by Amanda Retallack / Photography by Jamie Maldonado
The beauty of hors d’oeuvres lies in the simplicity that they bring to the table. While these finger foods aren’t a full meal, they certainly can replace one! Heavy hors d’oeuvres are a popular, swanky, crowd-pleasing substitute for a sit-down meal.
Lisa & Whit Bowman know that finger foods can easily create a festive atmosphere where guests get to socialize around a table of delectable treats. The two own Adalante Catering Company, of Tyler, a full-service gourmet catering and event planning company. They have been providing a unique food experience to the greater East Texas area since 2002.
Here, they have taken us on a savory safari of flavors with these eight one-bite wonders.
Clockwise from top:
- Sesame seared tuna on crispy wonton and wasabi aioli and scallion wings
- Smoked salmon and cream cheese pops – included in the cream cheese mixture is red onions, eggs and capers – with smoke salmon on exterior
- Tomato basil bisque shooter with cheddar grilled cheese
- Smoked Shrimp on mini corn griddle cakes with jalapeno apple butter and micro greens
- Capreze salad skewers with extra virgin olive oil and fresh cracked black pepper
- Warm bleu cheese tartlets with fresh raspberries
- Spice-rubbed shaved pork tenderloin on a pretzel base with pomegranate apple chutney
- Southwest marinated chicken in Ancho chili jam on miniature corn tortillas
Adalanté Catering Company